True, by the logs the credentials do not seem to make it to artifactory, so
it may be a bug in the grails maven-deploy plugin.

BTW, deployment is just a simple HTTP PUT query so it can be done in many
ways (one of them is using a pom with a 'distributionManagement' section,
like the article suggets).

Yoav