That may be a current limitation. I created
http://issues.jfrog.org/jira/browse/RTFACT-3629 and we will look into it.

As an interim workaround you can bypass the proxy, disable the proxy
compression for the file types in question, which is probably a good idea
for binaries anyway, or disable compression for the requests coming from the
Artifactory IP.

Thanks for reporting,

Yoav