Hello,

I'm wondering about which kind of dependencies we should enforce in ARTIQ installer (setup.py). For instance, if an ARTIQ device (PDQ2, Lda, Thorlabs TDC/TPZ, PXI6733) needs a Python dependency (PyDAQmx here for PXI6733), should we put it in setup.py thus enforcing it's installation?

Or should we just document that dependency and let the user install only what he needs.

For instance, one might just want to install ARTIQ to run the GUI/the master but would for instance not need to run a controller (at least not on this particular computer). For just running the master you don't need the driver dependencies.

Regards,

--
Yann Sionneau