Hi Oliver

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and the bash shell. The problem is that the PATH= assignment in front of the makeindex command is in quotes. In bash this does not work:

user@host:/$ "VAR=value" ls
VAR=value: command not found

whereas this does work:

user@host:/$ VAR=value ls

I could not figure out how to make proper quoting. But the PATH assignment is not needed in front of makeindex, as it is called with an absolute path.

Cheers,
Jonas