Hi Stuart,

The dev-version of ARTS has full support of the workspace methods of
typhon.  In fact, typhon.arts.workspace is simply pyarts.workspace with
some small modifications.  So things should work as they have with typhon
just making that replacement in your imports.  If you use other things from
typhon, like setting environment data like arts-xml-data paths, I am really
not sure how it they work in the future.  I hope we can add that to let
pyarts handle it automatically itself.

I see no reason why typhon should remove the ARTS interface entirely, but
they will likely want to change so the version of pyarts from ARTS replaces
the "arts" module when things settle down on the ARTS side.  Especially if
the two projects start to diverge (e.g., new python features will be added
to the ARTS-version, and not to typhon).

With hope,
--Richard

Den tors 9 apr. 2020 kl 14:24 skrev Fox, Stuart <stuart....@metoffice.gov.uk