Hej Patrick!

It seems a bit weird to me to use this definition at the (low) level of the
absorption routines. Perhaps one solutions would be to have an option for this
behaviour when ingesting concentration profile data? Perhaps by passing in a
list of species that should be considered as not adding to the denominator for
the VMR definition.

Note that for once the special thing about water is here not the fact that it’s
condensible, I think, but just that there is so much of it, and at the same
time very variable. Other gas species have also very variable concentrations,
but it doesn’t matter for the total pressure.

All the best,

Stefan