"Clouds" means clouds consisting of liquid droplets (ie matching LWC)?

Regards,

Patrick

On 2017-10-26 11:07, Sampo Salo wrote:
Hi all,

I have a slightly modified version of the link budget simulation "DemoLinkBudget" provided in the "planetary toolbox". I want to add clouds and rain to this simulation using the Chevallier_91L datasets that I can find in the "control files".

I _think_ what I would like to do is as follows:

1. I want to generate particle number density fields from the Chevallier_91L data which is in plain mass densities (kg/m3 for clouds and kg/m2/s for rain) in a corresponding pressure grid.

2. Then I want to interpolate/add these pnd fields in a cloud box that corresponds to the pressure grid that I already have generated in my existing simulation.

Could anyone here help me to find the correct way to add clouds in my simulation? I have been thinking and thinking about this but I can't find the way to do this.

Regards,
Sampo