Well I think what we're seeing is that the coming Council elections will fall 
into two camps.  Asbury Couple's post argues that this is the best Council in 
30 years; everything is moving forward at present and it appears the same 
Council would continue to do so.  Why mess with that?  I admit it's a perfectly 
reasonable position.

I argue that I want the best possible people to serve on the Council.  The last 
30 years of Asbury Park municipal government have been particularly depraved 
and I won't let that affect my standards for Councilperson.  Those who choose 
to serve on the Council in Asbury Park are taking a very, very difficult public 
service position.  All the more reason to draw in people who have education and 
experience that will be helpful.  Although things are clearly moving forward, 
even small failings in negotiations can end up as hardship to literally 
thousands in Asbury Park.  As the redevelopment agreement continues to be 
modified and breached, and always in the developers' favor, I argue that we 
need a new Council to do business differently.  It could stop what I see as 
unnecessary hardship.  Call me negative, but I look at the resumes of the 
Councilpeople voted on in 2001 and I am not satisfied and feel we could do 
better.  Personally, I see the merit in both positions.


 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to