I keep saying it but Asbury Couple just doesn't get it. I have not,
and will not, blame the current council for a deal they did not
negotiate. However, no matter how bleak the picture was at the time,
I don't think it is being an armchair quarterback by saying the deal
is lopsided to the favor of Asbury Partners. However, as I've said,
you can't cry over spilled milk, although we can criticize those who
were involved and are still dispensing advice.
That being said, I'll say it again, you can take the current council
to task for rolling over and playing dead for the developer at
almost every opportunity.
Isn't the council the redevelopment body? Don't you think each of
them should be well conversant with all aspects of the deal as John
Loffredo would lead the public to believe in his past editorials?
They do not even know that there is a questions that the street
vacation areas might go to the developer for FREE! Or, that there is
a discrepancy between the amended development agreement and the
Marine Grill Sales Agreement, and that the original Marine Grill
parcel (east of Ocean) may also go to the developer with the
Triangle (west of Ocean)!
I know that this is not a highly paid position, but if you are going
to take the job, it's your responsibility to follow through. I read
in TriCity News how John Loffredo took Paramount to task for trying
to change its plans. I congratulate him. He should have done that
numerous times to Asbury Partners when they reshuffled the deck
instead of most recently becoming its spokesman in his public
reversal on the Triangle.
We can repeat it all again; no letters of credit or performance
bonds, permitting the developer to default on its real estate taxes,
default on its schedules, etc. Sorry, they may not be to fault for
the original deal, but they have used feathers instead of sticks in
the past 3 years with the developer. Lastly, again I ask, would you
take the same position knowing that the deal that you were not
responsible to see carried out was negotitated by an admitted felon
who took bribes from a developer?
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/