<Shouldn't we give the Council credit for some of the good that is
going on?>
Oh Mark, what fun would that be? Only kidding. Okay, give credit
where credit is due. But are you suggesting that someone gets credit
for just not screwing up? That's like congratulating the kid who
didn't crack up his dad's porsche. However, I have to give
consideration to Skip's last post. If the current council had any
work in amending the agreement, then they too can be blamed. Unless,
however, they did the best they could. In any event, I am sure that
they deserve credit for many things. But we are dealing with the
waterfront development here, and I am sorry, they have been too easy
on Asbury Partners. Again, it may not be their fault but the advice
they are getting, but then again, that is telling in its own right
that they accept such advice. I guess it goes to your point about
havig people with the right expertise. Why in God's name is the
council the redevelopment authority? They obviously do not have the
expertise. No one in the entire city government could even
understand the appraisals that were done for the Triangle, including
the fact that they had two different dates of value, among other
problems. This is not building a sand castle. It is sophisticated
development. If you don't have the expertise, ask and ye shall
receive. How many things can we let go by? No appraisals on valuable
city assets, wrong appraisals, giving away street vacation areas for
nothing, not requiring financial guarantees for performance. I could
go on. They would sell their own houses with the same level of
carelessness. Sorry, but no credit for waterfront redevelopment.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/