To answer your question Gary, I would vote for AP to be a year round 
residential community.

That of course is the focus of the currnet redevelopment, but I do 
believe it is mixed use as well.  The goal is 450,000 square feet of 
retail along the ocean and entertainment in the area of the Casino 
going west down the lake.  Sounds like something for everybody.



--- In [email protected], Lighty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/16/05 10:28 AM, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
> > Oakdorf said of Belmar:
> > 
> > "With nothing to do with your kids at night - why the hell 
come??"
> > 
> > Nothing to do with you kids in Avon, Allenhurt and Loch Arbor at 
night
> > either, yet they come.
> > 
>  
> I would say they live there.  I know when I was first looking for 
places in
> the area you learn that some towns like Avon are houses passed on 
from
> generation to generation.
> 
> I'm not saying towns can't survive around the Shore without 
tourism, but as
> you mentioned it's got "There is one eatery and one store on the
> boardwalk.  In town there is one restaurant, Columns By the Sea,
> which doubles as a nightclub after they serve dinner.  There is no
> great shopping to speak of."
> 
> Is that the type of town you're hoping Asbury Park becomes?
> 
> Asbury Park has an opportunity few towns ever have.  It's known 
throughout
> the world.  Places like Avon are hardly known throughout New 
Jersey.  Asbury
> Park could be a major tourist attraction.  I believe it would be 
easier to
> become a major tourist destination than the family town like Avon.
> 
> ** If there was a straight up vote in town, what would people 
prefer?
> 
> 1) Asbury Park to become a major tourist destination again
> 2) Asbury Park to become a quiet little residential town
> 
> I'd be curious as to what the results would be.  People may want 
one thing
> and then regret it after it happens.  I think many people in Belmar
> certainly do.




------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to