Steve, I don't tihnk you're being discriminated against because you're over 40
and in the
industry. So was/am I. The fun and free spending ended. The year 2k ended.
AT&T ended for
many consultants. You're part right - many jobs went to India and helf India
came here to
work for half the going rate. Go up to Edison, plent of Indians. Matter of
fact, there ware
plenty of Indians who have invested in AP. So, yes, I am unemployed COmputer
Professional -
who shifted careers for the time being.
Many co's are looking for someone who can write and speak clearly the English
language.
They can be very intelligent - but you don't want to hire someone to decipher
what they
mean (I've done that many times...).
What about diversity programs that every co has to have?
I once got a card in the mail "not to be used for hiring purposes". To check
off exactly who I
am (ethnic,race etc) needless to say, I filled in the other section: white,
jewish, over 40,
married. Talk about discrimination ):
To Werner and all the other IT people and my Indian investors....
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/