Title: Re: [AsburyPark] Re: Getting rid of the poor or the middle class?
“ I don't think being born or raised in a place gives
anyone the right to be able to buy a house there less than what the
market dictates. I was born and raised in Park Slope. Should I be able
to buy a brownstone that goes for $2 million for anything less? What
gives me or anyone else that right?”


I don’t believe it gives people the right, but I do think something is wrong when you begin moving entire generations away from the place they grew up – especially when we are talking about small towns here.  Asbury at 17,000 people qualifies much more than say not being able to live in NYC.

Beachfront property has always and will always be among the most expensive to buy; however, I do find it disturbing to see the prices of houses 4 blocks or more from the beach suddenly being out of reach for most people.  Maybe the market prices will dictate these things, but it seems like I am seeing more and more people from the city buying houses along the Shore solely for the summer.  Sure the people have the right to do that, but it does affect the town on the whole.  If the homeowners are not there during the week or during the year it does make it harder for businesses that rely on local traffic to survive.  And if the prices keep going up to where only the rich can afford them you will see more and more of the summer homeowners rather than year-round people.
 
I think year-round people might have more passion towards improving the town since they are there all of the time.    __._,_.___


SPONSORED LINKS
Asbury park home Asbury park nj Asbury park hotel
Asbury park foreclosure Asbury park real estate


YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS




__,_._,___

Reply via email to