Hi Dan:
Hope all is well with you.
I am a little confused by the email you received in regard to
attributing to any group of people the highest instigator of HIV.
It's has been some time, admittedly, since I had looked at the
reports that were generated by State & Federal Government.
In 2004 I read a fairly interesting private study that indicated in
the coastal monmouth area the major concern for the spred of HIV was
among intravienious drug users.
Again this is 2 years ago. I have been working among the homeless
population of Monmouth county since 1990. On a daily basis - more
heavily prior to the land use issue I am in with the Long Branch
administration. However, I respond to approximately 40 calls per day
in all varied need areas.
I would have to continue to believe that the same populus group is
the highest risk category and not the gay community.
This is just my observations.
I may add from what I can see, the "new case" levels of HIV have
dropped dramatically and that current cases on the books are more
folks who are struggling with this desease greater than 5 years.
These are not official figures just my observations.
KEVIN BROWN
Lighthouse, Long Branch
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/