Is that why we have that ugly pile of rubble sitting  across from the Stone 
Pony for the past 
few years? 
Is there any way we citizens of AP can pressure Asbury Partners to clean up the 
properties 
they are slated to redeveloped? Or, is taking years to do this part of their 
agreement?
Based on the snails pace I see things happening, it seems to me that it's going 
to take 
years for most of these projects to come to fruition.
A good example are those ugly assed barracks like condos near Wesley Lake. I've 
lived 
here for 6 months now, and I can hardly see any progress in their construction.
On the other hand, before moving to AP, I lived in Edgewater NJ, which is on 
the Hudson 
next to Ft. Lee. In the time I lived there, lot's of new and attractive 
construction happened 
in a timely manner, and mostly without interrupting  the fabric of the 
community.
What I found interesting there was that Edgewater used to be considered a dive 
town, not 
unlike AP. It was known for it's abundance of "old man bars" and derelict old 
factories. The 
whole area has been cleaned up and made productive in a fraction of the amount 
of time 
that things are happening here in AP.
That being said, is Asbury Partners living up to their agreement? I don't know 
much about 
them, and I intend to spend some time this week learning more about them.

--- In [email protected], "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> --- In [email protected], "arhythmick" <arhythmick@> wrote:
> 
> > Why can't DePetro and Fasano make deals with Asbury Partners to 
> develop 
> > like Paramount, Metro and Westminster did?
> >
> 
> Depetro, Fasano, etc, do not have the resources comparable to the 
> others. Fishman's financial terms are so unreasonable as to make only 
> HUGE development over several years possible.
> 
> Large companies can absorb the costs and amortize them over a long time 
> period. Others can not.
> 
> One of the reasons things are moving at a snail's pace.
> 
> Werner
>






 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to