You are so far off base that it is laughable.
I don't put the city down...in fact, I defend it every chance I get.
And i've said plenty of positive things here, but somehow you filter
all that out and just see bad.
And give me a break, we've had one murder and several shootings within
a week. All the good that has happened in the past 6 years is
marginalized every time another shooting happens. Do you not realize
that public opinion of AP has not improved one bit in those 6 years
concerning people who don't live here? I guarantee that if you go out
and ask complete strangers about AP, they will always talk about the
crime and what a mess it is here.
Here's a quick story for you. My girlfriend lives in Toms River with
her 2 high school age kids. Last weekend was her daughters 16th
birthday party. There was a group of about 15 kids there, and we were
talking about where I live...and when I mentioned that I live in
Asbury Park, they all laughed and asked why I want to live in "the ghetto"
No matter how hard I tried to defend AP and talk about the good stuff
here, all they could think about is what a mess my home city is. And
these are 16/17 yr old kids living in Toms River.
If you think i'm a jerk for not ignoring the underlying issues
here...great...then i'm a jerk.
Bottom line is this...all the redevelopment means nada until the
social and criminal problems that plague our city are resolved.
--- In [email protected], "rawdogalways" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>
> im not saying that. hingy only reports bad news. this city is 
> booming in the right direction, and my problem with just about 
> everybody on this board is that you are here to complain. how come 
> nobody talks about all the amazing things happening. asbury has come 
> a LONG way in the last six years, and hingy wants to put it down 
> constantly. i just get really sick of it. so i attack, and he acts 
> like a crybaby when i do. but i was wrong to attack him personally 
> last week, and i apologize for that.
> --- In [email protected], "oakdorf" <oakdorf@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In [email protected], "rawdogalways" <rawdogalways@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > do you just sit in front of the computer and look for bad news 
> about 
> > > asbury? i dont know what you would do with yourself if there was 
> no 
> > > bad news to report.
> > > --- In [email protected], "Hinge" <hinge98@> wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> > 
> > Pretend it didn't happen?
> >
>




 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to