Hi Bruno

ROGGERI Bruno wrote:
> Hello list,
>

> I have a rather long document typed in asciidoc, and it contains quite a
> large number of images (inserted with the image macro).
>
> All the images are in the same directory as the text file, and usually
> generate single page html and pdf directly in the directory.
>
> But when I generate chunked html (with a2x –f chunked …), all the
> generated html pages end-up in the <filename>.chunked sub-directory,
> which means all the links to the images are broken.
>
> Could asciidoc automatically insert “../”  in front of all relative
> paths when generating chunked html ? Or is it possible to make asciidoc
> generate the chunked html directly inside the destination directory
> instead of appending <filename>.chunked?

Put a custom attribute reference defining the image directory location
in all your image macros calls, for example:

image::{images_dir=.}/myimage.png[]

This sets the default location to the current directory (asciidoc's
default behavior), you pass asciidoc the images_dir attribute to set it
to something else, for example:

$ a2x -f chunked --asciidoc-opts="-a images_dir=.." mydocument.txt

To make this a bit easier I think I'll add an imagesdir intrinsic
attribute to the next release (like iconsdir but applies to images).