Hi all,

I have the unfortunate news to report that it was unclear to me that the
asciidoc syntax file for vim was a rewrite of what was posted on the
mailinglist.

Since I worked on my own version and was recently finishing it for
testing. I noticed that on OpenSUSE with a newer vim the official asciidoc
syntax file was shipped already.

I then tried to merge what I already had with the official asciidoc syntax
file and this resulted in the file that is available from:

        http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/tools/asciidoc-vim/

My intention was to stay away from "highlight link" since it is
incompatible with vim < 6.0. Also I wanted to stay away from the
default highlight definitions since they are oriented at programming
languages.

Secondly, current shells have capabilities like underlining and bold. And
gvim can even do italic. For that reason, I defined the style for most
highlight definitions myself, including term, cterm and gui.

I also added a few vim config settings that probably do not belong in this
file, but are very useful.

I like the coloring of this file over the official one as I tried to make
sure that the meaning of the color is consistent over different Docbook
tags. (eg. yellow means monospace, visible part of link is yellow so it is
clearer to see how the document will look when processed, titles
are underlined, document title is bold, etc...)

When I merged both files, I also improved some of the regular expressions.

Feedback welcome !

--   dag wieers,  [EMAIL PROTECTED],  http://dag.wieers.com/   --