Hi Harry

Harry Mangalam wrote:
> Like some others, I have had problems generating a TOC with the
> command:
>
> asciidoc -a toc -a numbered  <input file>
>
> This generates a nicely formatted page, but with a blank Table of
> Contents (just the line 'Table of Contents' with no visible ToC.
> I've tested in Konqueror, Firefox, and Opera, all with Javascript as
> enabled as possible, and no Toc.
>
> I can see that there is considerable ToC Javascript embedded in the
> page, but it's not being rendered.

Take a look at the home page http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/ you
should see the TOC displayed (I've tested with ff, ie6,7 and Konqueror
3.5.6)

One possibility is that if your page is taking a while to load linked
images from other sites the JavaScript won't execute till they're
finished loading or timed out.

Also if you have a slow PC it may take a few of seconds for the
JavaScript to generate the TOC listing.

> Is there anything else that can force generation of the Visible ToC?

Cheers, Stuart