Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the zippy reply.  You make a good point - I also can see
the ToC on the asciidoc homepage just fine in FF, Konqy, Opera, etc,
but not the ToC on the ones that I generate.  When viewing the source
of each, my doc has a lot of js functions related to generating the
ToC whereas the asciidoc page does not (or at least where I could see
them), but it did have a lot of links to css docs:

===
<link rel="stylesheet" href="./xhtml11.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="./xhtml11-quirks.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="./layout1.css" type="text/css" />
<script type="text/javascript">
/*<![CDATA[*/
window.onload = function(){generateToc(2)}
/*]]>*/
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="./toc.js"></script>
<title>AsciiDoc User Guide</title>
===

where mine did not.  Is that an indication that I'm running the
asciidoc command incorrectly?

hjm

--
Cheers, Harry
Harry J Mangalam - 949 856 2847(o) 949 285 4487(c) (email for fax)