Hi Barua,

I am glad the Statesman publised your article. It is quite informative and one can lear a lot. But reading the papers and letters to the editor, one gets the inpression, ASOM is here to stay and the GOA is backing it up.

While browsing, I did come across several references to Assamese as derivative of Sanskrit (you of course do not agree with this). Some of the sources refered to Bani Kanta Kakati, Hemkox etc.
I can send you some of these if I come across them. I don't know how authentic they are.
BTW: Here is a link that may interest you and others regarding the "voiceless velar fricative "
The link is very interesting and refers to Assamese also. Interestingly, it seems the English language sometimes also uses the voiceless velar fricative.
Here is the link.
http://www.answers.com/topic/voiceless-velar-fricative

Hope it is useful to you.

--Ram