Subject: CHANDAN MAHANTA’S  DHEKERI SPLIT

Mr. Rabin Deka

Dear Mr. Deka,

I am sorry to hear that Mr. Chandan Mahanta has insulted your mother-tongue "Kamrupi Language" with a derogatory word "dhekeri" for which you wrote to him:

"Hello Chandan, I regret to learn that you have once again called Kamrupi "dhekeri" which I discovered through Googl."

I most earnestly request you --- and all other Assamese friends --- to ignore the opinions of Mr. Chandan Mahanta. He writes a lot, but he does not take any responsibility about what he writes. Whenever he is in some trouble, he blames the English language, in which he does not even know the difference between the two words "before" & "after" --- he claimed that the "ATAN BURAGOHAIN SAKO" would be ugly even "before" it was designed.

Contrary to what Chandan Mahanta wrote, we the Assamese have great appreciation for our Kamrupi language. I myself grew up in Barpeta ---the glorious centre of Vaishnava Culture ---  and remember those childhood days of swimming in Maranadi, climbing all kind of trees and jumping into the Chaulkhowa River, trekking to the Kirtanghar where we had a pet deer, staging Shrikrishna drama with my friends --- bold, outspoken, straightforward, and very brotherly. I always miss my Barpeta days!! Every language has different accents in different areas --- and we live with respect "shraddha" to each other.

To talk in a derogatory way about others by stereotyping everybody,  and to stress on a “brotherhood” only “after” conversion,  is typical to Islam, where conversion is a basic necessity.

In Hinduism, “shraddha” (mutual respect) is an essential trait, and there is NO conversion: “ayam nija para iva iti gananam laghuchetasa, udaracharitanam basudha eva kutumbakam” [ All these “mine” “yours” calculations are for light-minded people. For a broad-minded person, the entire world is a family.]

By insulting you with the word “dhekeri”, Mr. Chandan Mahanta has displayed his commitment to Islam, which is very dangerous to the Assamese, a small population facing extinction in the face of unabated Islamic infiltration from Bangladesh.

I appeal to my Assamese friends to stick together, and ignore the divisive forces that the enemy is using to weaken us. We must look into our hearts, read our history, regain our self-confidence, and make a world safe and beautiful for our children.

With the best wishes,

Himendra