I am sad to share with you the news that Jugal Bhuyan is no more.

  I have been associated with Jugal Bhuyan and Prajnalaya , the institution
established by him for the last one year. I visited Prajnalaya in April 2006
and was moved by the dedication and selfless service of this young man.  Jugal
Bhuyan almost single handedly built the school Prajnalaya and the residential
hostel ASHTHA to provide quality education to the poor and underprivileged
students in a remote village of Assam. Today Prajnalaya is becoming a model
school in that area. A sensitive human being who believes in honesty,
sincerity, and hard work Jugal Bhuyan taught the young students the dignity of
labor and their responsibility to the surrounding people. He believes that
education should be responsive to the society and set example by arranging fund
raising and relief camp for the flood victims.

  Off late Jugal Bhuyan was suffering from ill health. He was admitted to
Guwahati Neurological Center. I talked to him last Sunday. He was weakening
physically but his spirit was still high. He was talking about starting
vocational education unit in Prajnalaya.  I was telling him to take rest but he
continued with his effort. He had the dream that one-day students of Prajnalaya
would show examples of good citizen and the true meaning of education.

  It was Thursday March 15th, Jugal Bhuyan was leading an all religion, all
community evening prayer with the students when he collapsed and he never
regained consciousness.

  Jugal Bhuyan is no more with us but I wish Prajnalaya students would carry
his legacy. I talked with Dr. Suresh Rajkhowa and Moon Moon Bora of Prajnalaya.
Amidst the gloom and sadness they showed resilience and I am hopeful that Jugal
BhuyanÂ’s dream will come true one day.

  By Ankur Bora,

  Please visit the website

  www.prajnalaya.org

  or contact me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] for your visit/contribution to Prajnalaya