It is a shattering news. First of all we pray that his soul rests in peace.

The most important thing is that the institution he built must be sustained after his departure. Anything I can do, I shall be very happy to do.

We never knew that he was suffering from some ailment. We did not even know that he was in GNRC. It is a tragic loss.

Shantikam Hazarika

From: Ankur Bora <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: assam@assamnet.org, [EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Assam] A sad news
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:41:59 -0700 (PDT)

I am sad to share with you the news that Jugal Bhuyan is no more.

I have been associated with Jugal Bhuyan and Prajnalaya , the institution established by him for the last one year. I visited Prajnalaya in April 2006 and was moved by the dedication and selfless service of this young man. Jugal Bhuyan almost single handedly built the school Prajnalaya and the residential hostel ASHTHA to provide quality education to the poor and underprivileged students in a remote village of Assam. Today Prajnalaya is becoming a model school in that area. A sensitive human being who believes in honesty, sincerity, and hard work Jugal Bhuyan taught the young students the dignity of labor and their responsibility to the surrounding people. He believes that education should be responsive to the society and set example by arranging fund raising and relief camp for the flood victims.

Off late Jugal Bhuyan was suffering from ill health. He was admitted to Guwahati Neurological Center. I talked to him last Sunday. He was weakening physically but his spirit was still high. He was talking about starting vocational education unit in Prajnalaya. I was telling him to take rest but he continued with his effort. He had the dream that one-day students of Prajnalaya would show examples of good citizen and the true meaning of education.

It was Thursday March 15th, Jugal Bhuyan was leading an all religion, all community evening prayer with the students when he collapsed and he never regained consciousness.

Jugal Bhuyan is no more with us but I wish Prajnalaya students would carry his legacy. I talked with Dr. Suresh Rajkhowa and Moon Moon Bora of Prajnalaya. Amidst the gloom and sadness they showed resilience and I am hopeful that Jugal Bhuyan’s dream will come true one day.

  By Ankur Bora,

  Please visit the website

  www.prajnalaya.org

or contact me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] for your visit/contribution to Prajnalaya