The Spanish vegetable market ( in Houston) sell them under the name ' Indian
cucumber'!!! Can you believe that?

KJD

On 6/21/07, Mridul Bhuyan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Alpana Ba,

I think it is 'Wax Gourd'.

Regards

Mridul

*"Alpana B. Sarangapani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:

Hi All:

Could anybody tell me what is the English name of Potol - yes, the
vegetable that is abundant during the summer(?) in Assam and $9.00 a pound
in the US :). Like any other vegetables, I was never crazy about it but it
is okay. But the hindusthani(?) name 'parowol' for 'potol' is just driving
me nuts. I would rather talk about it in English. :)

Oh, please don't think this now: 'eh, aami imaan sirius kotha paati aasu -
dex-bidexor baare-boronia rajnitir kotha-r logote` upor-khapor kotha, eo
akou aahil eta paak-ghoror xoru kotha eta loi'.

I better go home to take care of our two beautiful (I better say, handsome
before they feel insulted, but they are too beautiful - you know what I
mean, if you ever have had a dog at home) dogs.

Have a great evening, Everyone!!

 "In order to make spiritual progress you must be patient like a tree and
humble like a blade of grass"
- *Lakshmana*
**

    <http://sig.graphicsfactory.com/> *MailScanner has detected a possible