Chandan-da, I have been reading with great curiosity your mails arising
out of Shantikam Hazarika’s comments on my questions posted to ULFA on another
online group of Assamese people. I don’t wish to join you in a debate on the
exchanges you have been having with Hazarika or others, but I would be grateful
if you let me know:

1. How you deduced that my questions to ULFA were constructive (as you put it,
“So, even though you have been evading the points I raised, you can correct
yourself, and tell us, that Utpal's ploy was not a constructive one”).

2. I had asked ULFA some stratightforward questions, and HAD given the reasons
why I was asking them. I am not sure if you saw / have seen the questions while
questioning the motive behind them, because I have posted them on another group
and on this group it just took off on the basis of Hazarika’s comments. (I am
also not sure if you are a member of the other group, since you have not
participated in the debate on the other group, though you have said in this
forum “As I wrote earlier, Utpal's questions were virtually the same as those
posed to this writer by Chittaranjan in May of this year.”)

3. How did you arrive at the conclusion that the questions were an
“inquisition” and “an interrogator's talking points”, and that it was not
designed to have a “SINCERE DIALOGUE”?

4. If the “ULFA dispatcher” “might have been farther handicapped by not being
in on ULFA's policy making or communicating team” (I would like to know how you
arrived at that conclusion, or whether you are privy to some inside information
on this, since Ruby Bhuyan is a member of ULFA’s central publicity committee,
as is mentioned in the ULFA press release emails), s/he should have told me
that. My questions were not directed at him/her, but at the ULFA, so s/he could
have taken some time – maybe even collecting all the questions of all varieties
(pro/anti/whatever) from more questioners and come up with an overall response
from the leadership, the one which makes the policies. If the ULFA dispatcher
is not part of ULFA’s policy making or communication team, n that context,
there is no use in sending any question to ULFA through Ruby Bhuyan

5. ULFA, for your kind information, did not even attempt to reply to a single
question in a straightforward manner – it just inserted some words in different
colours, adding some caustic comments and remarks. I would have appreciated if
it had replied to my questions even if it had been in the manner you had argued
with Chittaranjan Pathak. I am not sure if you have seen the so-called reply
before questioning my motive.

6. Since you say you “do not speak for ULFA and am NOT PRIVY to

its policy-making”, would not it be better if ULFA talks directly to all of us?

with regards,

Utpal Borpujari

  Message: 2