C'da,

> **** Nothing could be further from the truth. I
> agree with Khuswant Singh, that the Nanavati
> Report is an insult, that

I wasn't talking about the report itself, but the fact that the PM
even at this late stage could apologize to the nation. That in it self
would bring some closure.

> **** I am very disappointed here Ram, that even
> YOU do not differentiate between an individuals'
> or a group of individuals' crime and the whole
> group or clan or religion these individuals

I tried to drive home that very point. I brought up the Sikh
bodyguards, because events perpetuated by ONE group (in this case the
Sikhs)  had a devastating effect on the whole nation.

Mobs, as we have seen time and again DO NOT know how to differentiate
between the culprits and the inocent bystander who just 'looks like'
the killers. Be it in India or even in organized countries like the US
where Indians are looked at in suspicion (after 9/11) even though they
had nothing to do with the Saudis.

My point is this: The sad ground realities are that Sikhs or other
groups planning such crimes ought to be aware that their actions may
affect the very communities they are trying to protect. This is
specially true when one belongs to a minority community and mob
violence is just a match-stick away. We can present all the logic we
want about such differentiation, but the stark realities are just the
opposite.

But, I do concur with you that people should be able to differentiate
the perpetuators from the innocent.

--Ram