C'da,
> **** Two gross wrongs don't make a right, or does it?> As Rajib says, this is
> distorted logic.
Two wrongs don't make it right - absolutely.
But here you have one case of the  Ulfa children being deprived basicdiet for
growth and developement. This can be termed as grossnegligence/apathy or even a
crime.
On the other hand, what Ulfa did to the Dhemaji children cannot bebrushed as "a
wrong".  It was just pure wonton killing of innocentchildren.
>>  Finally the outfit appealed to all the masses of Asom,  conscious> >>
>> citizens, Human rights organizations, particularly to  international> >>
>> organizations to take firm steps against such crimes against  these> >>
>> children. (from their Newsletter)
Right!. What a bunch of crock. We didn't hear the ULFA appealing toIntl. Orgs.
about the Dhemaji blasts nor did they appeal to theconscious citizens.
C'da, whatever their garb, thugs will always remain thugs. Justbecause the
'diet case' involve children belonging to the ULFA, theyhave suddenly become
conscious of human rights. What happened to theHR of so many inncoents killed
and the children of Dhemaji. Whoappeals for their rights? Its definitely not
the ULFA.

On 8/16/05, Chan Mahanta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> >  >But what about the
Children of Demaji? Those that survived and those> >that were lost.> >The Ulfa
children may be deprived of min. diet for all-round> >development. Those
children of Dhemaji never even had that chance.> > > > **** Two gross wrongs
don't make a right, or does it?> > > Besides, if the 'peace-loving',
'civilized',> 'democratic' and 'intelligent' people and their> elected
government act like the 'uncivilized',> 'brainless'and 'undemocratic'
insurgents that> blew up the Dhemaji School children, where does> it place the
former?> > > >  >--- a lot of this amounts to one-sided indignations on the
part of ULFA.> > > *** I am sure there are many who think like that> and
respond accordingly. And in that, the> bemoaning or the 'righteous' against
the> insurgents' strong-arm tactics ring rather hollow.> > > > > > > At 10:12
AM -0500 8/16/05, Ram Sarangapani wrote:> >  > These children who were captured
during th!
e Indo-Bhutan joint> >>  military operation against ULFA in December 2003 have
been deprived> >>  of  minimum diet required for all around development of a
child.> >>  "Children  devour anything when they are hungry.> >> >This is
indeed sad that children be caught in this strugle.> >> >But what about the
Children of Demaji? Those that survived and those> >that were lost.> >The Ulfa
children may be deprived of min. diet for all-round> >development. Those
children of Dhemaji never even had that chance.> >> >Here a item from the
Telegraph today. What kind of answer does the> >Ulfa have for the Saikias, who
lost 2 of their young daughters & the> >Paduns who lost sons.?> >> >Methinks, a
lot of this amounts to one-sided indignations on the part of ULFA.> >>
>*****************> >Issue Date: Monday, August 15, 2005> >Fear looms over
freedom celebration> >- A year after blast killed 13 during parade, doubts
remain over> >security arrangements> >RIPUNJOY DAS> >Dhemaji, Aug. 14: Fear h!
as clouded freedom in Dhemaji.> >> >"What if..?" This is the question on
everyone's lips a year after an> >Ulfa-triggered blast during the Independence
Day parade in this Upper> >Assam town left 13, including 10 schoolchildren,
dead.> >> >Rupinath Narah, a student of Class IX at Arunudoi High School,
wants> >to attend the Independence Day function at the Court Field tomorrow,>
>but his father is clearly hesitant about allowing his son to do so.> >> >At
the residence of the Saikias in Ratanpur, 2 km from the town, the> >mere
mention of Independence Day revives memories of the tragedy that> >befell the
family last year. "We lost both our daughters and I do not> >want to lose my
sons. Who will guarantee that the same thing will not> >happen this time?" asks
Lalita Saikia, who lost her daughters Rupa> >(14) and Aruna (10) in the blast
at the Dhemaji College playground.> >> >In a corner of the two-bigha plot where
the four surviving members of> >the Saikia family live is a memori!
al to the two girls. The family> >makes sure that earthen lamps and incense
sticks are lit there every> >evening.> >> >"Our daughters are still very much
with us and will remain so> >forever," Lalita says, tears streaming down her
cheeks.> >> >The nightmare continues not only for the Saikias, but every
resident> >of this otherwise peaceful town. The administration is pulling out
all> >stops to ensure that there is no untoward incident this time, but not>
>many are keen to a participate in the Independence Day function.> >> >Students
of Arunudoi High School, who lost two schoolmates - Juganta> >Padun and Dinesh
Padun - in the blast last year, look confused on> >being asked whether they
want to be part of the celebrations. "Moi> >jam, jodi deutai diye (I will go,
but only if my father allows me to> >do so)," says Rupinath, a classmate of
Juganta.> >> >Pronob Kardung is in a dilemma, too. "I will if my father
permitsÅ ," he says.> >> >The Kachari Ground, which was the venue for !
Independence Day and> >Republic Day functions until waterlogging prompted the
administration> >to choose another place, has been relaid for this year's
function.> >> >"We have re-laid the field and we hope that the people will turn
up in> >good numbers. We are doing everything possible," said D.K. Baruah,>
>deputy commissioner of Dhemaji, while monitoring the finishing touches> >given
to the preparations.> >> >Sentry posts have been built and register is
maintained of each and> >every individual who enters the ground. Even the
deputy commissioner> >is not spared and during the nights the entire ground is
lit up with> >floodlights all around and backup generator sets.> >> >Police,
too, had been very much active for the past few weeks.> >> >"We have been
guarding this venue for almost six months now and around> >20 policemen had
been deployed for the purpose. We are very much on> >the offensive," said
superintendent of police, Mridulananda Sarmah.> >> >However, some in the soc!
iety feel that the police arrangement would> >only terrorise people more.> >>
>"Although the administration has its own way of working, this kind of> >an
arrangement will only drive them away. The police should act in> >such a way
that the common people are not harassed in the name of> >security," said
Saishav Dutta, a social worker.> >> >> >> >> >********> >> >> >> >On 8/16/05,
Chan Mahanta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> >>> >>  Jailed children living in most
inhospitable condition: ULFA> >>> >>  NET News Network> >>> >>  Guwahati, Aug
15: The banned United Liberation Front of Asom  (ULFA)> >>  today alleged that
minimum diet required for all around development> >>  of a child has not been
supplied by the Indian government to the> >>  jailed  ULFA's children.> >>> >>
In the latest edition of its mouthpiece " Freedom" the  outfit> >>  informed
that " During the last 2 years 28 children of ULFA aged> >>  between 2- 10 have
been kept behind bars in different jails of Asom> >>!
  and  have been compelled to cope with the most inhospitable condition> >>
within  the high walls the jail which is totally unsuitable for all> >>  round
development of their mental and physical health".> >>> >>  These children who
were captured during the Indo-Bhutan joint> >>  military operation against ULFA
in December 2003 have been deprived> >>  of  minimum diet required for all
around development of a child.> >>  "Children  devour anything when they are
hungry. So like other> >>  prisoners, despite  knowing the deficiency in
nutrition of the diet,> >>  they have to eat what  they are given," outfit
alleged.> >>> >>  Finally the outfit appealed to all the masses of Asom,
conscious> >>  citizens, Human rights organizations, particularly to
international> >>  organizations to take firm steps against such crimes against
 these> >>  children.> >>  Meanwhile, the outfit also condemned the tragic
circumstances under> >>  which 12 years old girl Rukmini Kalindi belonging !
to  the tea tribe> >>  community from Safrai Ganjupara village under Saraideo
sub-division> >>  of Sivasagar district in Assam committed suicide after being
raped.> >>  "The victim  committed suicide unable to bear the psychological
and> >>  mental pressure  during serial interrogation for long three days in>