Hi

    Thank you very much for everybody.
The answers has confirmed my view , to overuse a good technique can lead
to obscure results.

On 2/3/2011 9:15 PM, Roger Bolan wrote:
I'm sure others will tell you about coding techniques and structured macros
etc.  My advice when "improving" old spaghetti assembler code is this:
Make sure you have a regression test library ready to insure that the
behavior of the new code matches the old code.  Spaghetti code can hide a
lot of little subtleties and you need to make sure that the more structured,
more readable code doesn't change or miss anything.   You also need to
compare performance.  On more than one occasion we found the performance of
the old spaghetti code module hard to beat or match.
--Roger

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Miklos Szigetvari<