I want to use MVI to assign the low byte of value that is larger than 255. This
results in an ASMA031E error message:
** ASMA031E Invalid immediate or mask field
I tried to use ACONTROL to circumvent this issue:
PUSH  ACONTROL
ACONTROL TYPECHECK(NOMAGNITUDE)
MVI   FQC7001_OP+3,FQC7001_E_CREATE_DOCUMENT
POP   ACONTROL
As far as I understand this should instruct the assembler not to check the
magnitude of the immediate value and I expected it to just generate the
instruction with a truncated immediated value but instead I still get the same
errormessage... What am I doing wrong? I'd appreciate every suggestion.

Fred!
ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.