>  but there is none to be made for doing so in
> writing even a new single RSECT.

How about this reason.

We have several customers running our software that are on pre-MP3000
machines that don't even support relative instructions. They still pay
us for support and that includes software upgrades.

Other vendors may not care about existing customers, but we do.

Almost all of these customers also can't upgrade their VSE. They fell
into the ESL trap with IBM many years ago and now can't get their budget
dollars back to get current because of the IBM monthly charges. As
faithful customers for many years, we do not want to kick them while
they are down just so we can do 'fancier' code.

Tony Thigpen