Scott,

>> ... maybe the usage of the LPP instruction is not so common ...

You hit the nail rite into the camels back (or so).

z/OS gives you HIS (which covers all aspects and circumstances that LPP
might/can/"is usefull to" be used) - z/LINUX uses (most of the time) a
different assembler....

So here I go - doing something for one of the other two operating
systems.

I do believe the mark in the table (literal is no good as first or
only operand) is wrong- but I have scars from cases much more important
than this.

--
Martin

Pi_cap_CPU - all you ever need around MWLC/SCRT/CMT in z/VSE
more at http://www.picapcpu.de