Regardless of the merits (non-trivial) or negative impacts (also
non-trivial) of Gilmore's past behavior, "taking his ball and going home"
is a pretty childish response. More productive/professional/grown-up would
be to try to be more
collegial<http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/collegial>
.

Comity <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/comity>is A Good Thing
(so is comedy, but that's different)!

--
zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"