On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Tony Thigpen <t...@vse2pdf.com> wrote:

> >> The IBMer that created that field name should be...
> > I disrespectfully strongly disagree.  This is a perfectly good name.
>
> The name is long, no underscores, and does not use the industry standard
> so it is prone to typos. A better name would have been:
> QVSIMG_LPAR_NAME
>
> Itsbetterthanusingnospacesinasentenceandexpectingittobereadeasily.
>
> Tony Thigpen

I agree, except that the programmer could, if they want do, transform
QVSIMGLOGICALPARTITIONNAME
into
QVSImgLogicalPartitionName
easily. This is because HLASM accepts mixed case names, but does not
distinguish between them. So that in the above, both renderings result in
access to the same field.

--
Wasn't there something about a PASCAL programmer knowing the value of
everything and the Wirth of nothing?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown