Yeah Paul, Tony has it right. "&STCKEVAL.(8)" is what you want to do.

The dot separates the "(8)" from the symbol.

Without the dot, HLASM expects &STCKEVAL is an array and that you want the 8th element.

Dave Cole

At 10/29/2015 05:09 PM, Tony Thigpen wrote:

Use a dot:

   UNPK  YYYY(15),&STCKEVAL.(8)
                           ^

Tony Thigpen

Paul Gilmartin wrote on 10/29/2015 05:04 PM:
On 2015-10-29 14:42, Steve Smith wrote:
Like HLASM, I'm not clear on what you want to do.  But &STCKEVAL(8) means
that you want the 8th element of a sublisted parameter named &STCKEVAL,
which it ain't.  If the (8) is supposed to be a length override, precede it
with a dot.
Thanks.  Yes, I intended a length override.  I stumbled on
     &STCKEVAL+0(8), which seems to work.

For whatever reason,
     X&SYSNDX EQU &STCKEVAL is worse.

And, trying to convert to hex, I confused myself by forgetting the TR.

Thanks again,
gil

Dave Cole
ColeSoft Marketing