IEV90 is hardly "alive", unless you captured it at some point before it was
discontinued.  Maybe you could find some incompatibility with HLASM, but I
doubt it.  In any case, the notice is only about how to create an alias for
IEV90.

If I were IBM, I think I'd withdraw the usermod, and tell anyone who
insists on using it that they're on their own, like any other usermod.  On
the other hand, permanently adding the alias shouldn't be a problem.

If there happens to be somebody who has to keep a copy of old IEV90, AND
they want to keep it in SYS1.LINKLIB, well, too bad.  That's unreasonable,
but you can deal with it yourself.  IBM has more important things to do.

--
sas
  • IEV90 Jeremy Stone