PCONTROL(ON,GEN) option on the assembly step may help. See PCONTOL in the HLASM
Programer's Guide.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 7:50 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Printing macro expansion?

On 2016-09-14 17:27, Hardee, Chuck wrote:
> Try "COPYing" the macro into your program so that the macro source is listed.
> That may be enough to get to the bottom of it.

If I have the source, I can inspect it without "COPYing" it/

> What line 72 in the macro?

In fact, it's obvious to me what the error is.  Simply, I'd like enough context
to appear in HLASM SYSPRINT that I might copy-and-paste a concise dozen lines
in a trouble report to the author.  My wish is for the process, not for the
result.

(Apparently they validated with an off-brand assembler.)

-- gil
addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and
then destroy it