The TR command would leave all the non-numeric characters in the data,
translated as you specified, so you'd have to have a technique to pass through
the result to remove them.  A TRT instruction would help you find the
non-numeric characters, but in this case it would be considerably slower in
execution than the character by character loop approaches suggested.

If the original manually-entered data is not edited as it's entered, there could be many other characters
besides "$",",","." and EBCDIC numeric characters in it.  That's something TRT
could check for.

Gary Weinhold
Senior Application Architect

DATAKINETICS | Data Performance & Optimization

Phone:  +1.613.523.5500 x216<tel:+1.613.523.5500%20x216>
Email:  weinh...@dkl.com<mailto:weinh...@dkl.com>

[http://www.dkl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/dkl_logo.png]<http://www.dkl.com/>

Visit us online at www.DKL.com<http://www.dkl.com/>

[http://www.dkl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/banner.png]<http://www.dkl.com/mailsig>

E-mail Notification: The information contained in this email and any
attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other
intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you
notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your
mail system.