It all depends on the application requirements; it the data has been previously
edited/verified to ensure that it conforms to the described pattern, then it is
most efficient to rely on that verification particularly if the packing routine
is heavily used.  If the input is directly from a free-form input source, then
verification would be needed, either in the routine or preceding it.

Gary

Gary Weinhold
Senior Application Architect

DATAKINETICS | Data Performance & Optimization

Phone:  +1.613.523.5500 x216<tel:+1.613.523.5500%20x216>
Email:  weinh...@dkl.com<mailto:weinh...@dkl.com>

[http://www.dkl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/dkl_logo.png]<http://www.dkl.com/>

Visit us online at www.DKL.com<http://www.dkl.com/>

[http://www.dkl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/banner.png]<http://www.dkl.com/mailsig>

E-mail Notification: The information contained in this email and any
attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other
intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you
notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your
mail system.