The KM[x] (Cipher Message[with xxx]) set of crypto instructions seems
to do the same things as PCC (Perform Cryptographic Computation). I
haven't checked every option in excruciating detail, but for the
common ones (DES, 3DES, AES) there is at least a lot of overlap.

For new code, what should I choose, and why? Both seem to support
encrypted keys, so that isn't the differentiator.

For old code, where I have (say) a DES routine in software that I
would like to replace, are the criteria different?

(Of course I am aware that perhaps calls to ICSF are the overall
better choice, but I would still like to understand the reasons for
the existence of these two sets of instructions.)

Thanks... Tony H.