On 12 December 2017 at 17:45, Paul Gilmartin <
00000014e0e4a59b-dmarc-requ...@listserv.uga.edu> wrote:

> Perhaps not a great challenge.  Long ago, I wrote a bimodal (XEDIT and
> ISPF Edit) macro.  It relied on a few interface subroutines:
> Get a line, Put a line, UP, DOWN, SAVE, ...  No pipelines; none on
> MVS in that era, at least not for me.
>
> CMS Pipelines support for XEDIT is in reading and replacing/appending
lines in the current file as well as to issue XEDIT commands to manipulate
the file if needed. Combined with your own XEDIT macros written in REXX
(that can invoke pipes again) makes it very effective.

I honestly never looked under the hood of the ISPF editor. Even a small
challenge can be rewarding ;)

Rob