If by “it” you mean MVS DynAlloc then the reason it’s not
considered to be a potential security exposure now is pretty much the same
reason for it never having been, namely that it cannot be used to circumvent
system security.
Keven

                Get Outlook for iOS

On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 1:11 AM -0600, "Farley, Peter x23353"
<peter.far...@broadridge.com> wrote:

Jon,

Dynalloc is not an exposure in a properly configured z/OS SAF environment.
Most large shops I have worked at don't allow application programmers (who are
the ones most likely to have the skills to perpetrate a security breach and the
necessary inside knowledge of process and procedure) to even execute a SAF LIST
function, let alone modify any SAF rule, even for their own user ID datasets.
No SAF rule violations are unmonitored or uncaught, even accidental ones.  The
mainframe security team are usually very vigilant in my experience.

In a properly configured z/OS SAF environment there is no way for any
programmer or other non-trusted employee to violate any SAF rules.  Dynalloc
only allows allocation of a file, not read or write or update access to that
file (or database table, etc.).  Without necessary access rights, allocation is
a useless tool for malfeasance of any kind.

OTOH dynalloc is a very useful programming tool for the use cases that require
access to files whose names are known only at run time from dynamic and
appropriately process-controlled input.  I am on an application team who are
responsible for one such program.

Does that answer your question?

Peter