John's wife Tineke said that I could forward this announcement to any
interested parties:

[Begin]
Dear Family, Friends and Acquaintances,

This is to inform you that John's Memorial/Celebration of Life service has been
scheduled for Saturday, May 5 at 10:00 am, at the Sunnyvale Presbyterian
Church, 728 Fremont Avenue, Sunnyvale [California].

Reception following with light snacks.

It would be nice if you respond whether you will attend, so that I have some
idea how many folks plan to be there (helps the reception hosts!).

Gratefully,

Tineke Graafland-Ehrman
[End]

For those responding, Tineke's email is as follows:
tineke_graafl...@comcast.net.

For those of you who are inclined to send flowers on an occasion such as this,
Tineke adds that she would prefer that you do not. As an alternative, please
consider a tribute to John through various organizations such as:

⦁       The Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (https://www.bcan.org/)
⦁       Schola Cantorum, a musical group in which John sang
(https://scholacantorum.org/home)
⦁       The Computer History Museum, to which John was a regular donor
(http://www.computerhistory.org/)