In 20+ years of heavy assembler coding, I never needed to store and restore the condition code, until now.

I have some 'standard' macros I use that allow me to turn some debug code on and off during testing. Yesterday, I was using some of this code and had a program failure due to the fact that it uses code that sets the condition code. The program code has many places where a BALR function returns not a R15 value, but instead returns a condition code setting.

So, what methods do some of you use that will equate to a save and restore a condition code? My code will be in a macro, so it can be a little 'dicey'/'unreadable' if needed.

--
Tony Thigpen