Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:

> No; it is guarantied to generate a program 001 interrupt.
> You only get an ABEND S0C1 if there is no SPIE/ESPIE exit.

I suspect that some use S0C1 as shorthand, and as you note
incorrect, description for program interrupt 1.j

It might be that some SPIE routines handle the interrupt,
maybe print a message, and then allow it through to the OS.

I do still remember S0C0 from the 360/91 days, which doesn’t
mean program interrupt 0, though the low bits will be 0000.
Dreaded by anyone debugging from a hex dump.

> I've written code that distinguished[1] between a S/360 and a S/370
> with a SPIE[2] for codes 1 and 2; the exit assumed that it was a S/370
> if the code was 2.

I wouldn’t have thought of that one.  Pretty neat.