S001 (from System Codes):

An I/O error condition was encountered during BDAM, BISAM, BPAM, BSAM, QISAM,
or QSAM processing.

The completion code can be issued if CLOSE processing called end-of-volume
(EOV), and EOV processing detected an out-of-space condition. See the
explanation of message IEC020I in z/OS MVS System Messages, Vol 7 (IEB-IEE) for
information about the task that was ended.

S001 and S0C1 have nothing to do with each other.

Keith Moe
BMC Software

     On Thursday, January 30, 2020, 11:38:53 AM PST, Seymour J Metz