From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] on behalf
of Paul Gilmartin [00000014e0e4a59b-dmarc-requ...@listserv.uga.edu]
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 1:20 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: TROT (was: ... SIMD ... )

On 2020-06-08, at 00:33:08, Pieter Wiid wrote:

> I did create a macro to build the table -- and one for TRTO, to convert
> display to hex.

TROT is way easy in Rexx:

signal on novalue
do Line = 0 to 15
Chars = "         DC    C'"
    do Col = Line * 16 to Line * 16 + 15
        Chars = Chars || c2x( right( d2c( Col ), 1 ) )
        end Col
    say Chars"'"
end Line

... it'e the C2X() that makes it work

I can generate a table in HLASM:

TABLE DC 256AL2((*-TABLE)/2)

... but it's the wrong table

I'm HLASM-naive.  Has HLASM anything like C2X, perhaps in a
macro from cbttape.org, conditional or mainstream assembly?
Or must it be done painstakingly, character by character?

(TR12 would be a better mnemonic.  Do any opcodes contain digits?)

-- gil