From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Charles Mills
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2020 5:24 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Reversed string macro

Caution! This message was sent from outside your organization.

Why not? What's wrong with MVI/MVC for 3?

Given that it would involve no storage references beyond the target and
i-cache, I wonder if the fastest way to set four bytes, without the string
appearing in storage, might not be four sequential MVI's.

Charles