I have a lot of xedit macros, including some post edit reformatters, but I never thought of that one. But, I don't think I will spend the time on it since I rather just switch to mixed case for the few times I really, really need it.

Tony Thigpen

Seymour J Metz wrote on 10/24/20 8:35 PM:
It is possible to write XEDIT macros to support mixed case comments with upper
case labels and opcodes.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] on behalf
of Paul Gilmartin [00000014e0e4a59b-dmarc-requ...@listserv.uga.edu]
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2020 8:15 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Reversed string macro

On 2020-10-24, at 15:06:32, Tony Thigpen wrote:

     ... (I normally use "case mixed ignore" in XEDIT.)

On 2020-10-24, at 16:05:59, Tony Thigpen wrote:

It is a personal preference of mine to never edit an assembler source with
lower-case turned on. I just do not like mixed case assembler source.

Taken together, those two statements imply that you don't
normally edit assembler source with XEDIT.

I have always used MIXED/CAPS OFF, even before a case-insensitive
assembler was available.  I like to type comments in mixed case
to set them off visually from code.

-- gil