There's no need for more parameters... just maybe a GBLA.

Frankly, I think branch tables are simple enough to code, including
automatic range checking, as to not be worth macros at all.

Whatever.

btw, HLASM is pretty smart, but it doesn't read your commentary:
A&SYSNDX DC    X'0000'    FORCE ABEND  | MUST BE TOGETHER FOR THE
C&SYSNDX DC    Y(*-B&SYSNDX-4-2)       | CL TEST TO WORK      TT 050610

You have an unaligned constant in front of an aligned one, and they have to
be together.  Lucky for you they are until someone tweaks your macro.
A&SYSNDX DC    A(*-B&SYSNDX-4-2)

..is what you want.  That oh-so-clever S0C1 for an out-of-range value will
work just as well.

sas